Friday, November 20, 2009

Yep, Ashville

More evidence in my case for renaming the town. These are my pool filters being washed. The above ones are clean and the lower ones are still dirty.


They are normally covered with diatomaceous earth which is a pale gray. Since the Station Fire, there is so much blowing soot and ash...well you can see what it's done to the pool filters. And while diatomaceous earth allows water to pass through, thus filtering the pool, ash does not! My filters, which typically get taken apart and cleaned once a year have been cleaned twice now in 2 1/2 months. It's going to be a challenging winter.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you rather be shoveling snow and chipping ice off your windshield? Wanna trade?

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Actually, since I have to HIRE someone to clean the filters and I could shovel and chip on my own, I would switch!