Tuesday, November 10, 2009

15 in 15

I've been tagged in Facebook Meme and, since I'm blogging everyday here on Creekhiker, I thought I would take advantage and just do it here. Directions below are from Facebook:

Here are the rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen movies you've seen that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. Tag fifteen friends, including me because I'm interested in seeing what movies my friends choose. (To do this, go to your Notes tab on your profile page, paste rules in a new note, cast your fifteen picks, and tag people in the note -- upper right hand side.)

1) It's a Wonderful Life (Ok - so I'm a sad sap who believes in angels)

2) Harvey (And invisible rabbits!)

3) Rope (Maybe I'm just secretly in love with Jimmy Stewart!)

4) The Commitments (I saw #4,5 &6 in a three week period. I was afraid to go to the movies again... I thought each of these was moving, breathtaking. Each for different reasons. See the Commitments for the music and the uplifting story.)

5) The Fischer King (Amazing story, Jeff Bridges and Robin Williams are top notch. See it for the heartache both men suffer. See it for the tale of healing and friendship. See it just to watch Robin Williams describe the elation of a really good poop!)

6) Dead Again (A whodunit where you don't see what's coming next and keeping track of the reincarnation of the lead characters through several lifetimes is dizzying. One of Kenneth Branagh's best as actor and director. His then wife Emma Thompson is spot on, as usual.)

7) Smoky and the Bandit (First film I ever saw multiple times)

8) The Hangover (Last film I saw multiple times)

9) Sharkey's Machine (First film I thought was too violent and doing the body count in my head for days.)

10) Amityville Horror (1st horror film and the reason I really don't enjoy them.)

11) Forrest Gump (1st hit I ever worked on)

12) Wired (1st big studio film I worked on that I KNEW would be a piece of crap!)

13) Say Anything (Who doesn't love Cusack?)

14) High Fidelity (Who doesn't love Cusack all grown up?)

15) The Usual Suspects - (I cannot stumble across this without watching to the very end)

Honorable Mentions:
16) Con Air (Cusack again,with Nick Cage in a terrible Southern accent, Malkovich as a badddd assss, and a plane full of tough actors, most of whom I worked with on another big studio piece of crap called Blood In, Blood Out. Really sweet guys and funny too. But, it's a plane wreck of a movie and another I can't pass up when it's on!)

17) Being John Malkovich (Malkcovich and Cusack together again in one of the strangest pieces of fiction ever written by Charlie Kaufman. And Cameron Diaz is unrecognizable in her ugly makeup! It's a hoot to keep up with the body switching!)

18) Adaptation (Charlie Kaufman also wrote this and it's so amazing to see and hear how writers THINK. I felt like the guy was in my brain!)

19) The Wizard of Oz (I starting watching this movie when I was WAY too young for it. I always managed to be home alone when it was on and I would literally lay with my face in the sofa, legs kicking at imaginary gargoyles, too afraid to go toward the tv and change the channel! I was terrified of this. Yet, every year, I'd watch it again, certain that I was "big girl" enough to handle it. I finally gave up around 10 and haven't sat through more than 20 minutes of it since!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting list! I might give it a go.