Monday, May 06, 2013

May Photos - Painting - Evidence of Sarah Jean


This is the painting that I wake up to every morning. I painted it. It's of the seven sacred pools in Hana, Hawaii one of the most spiritual, amazing places I've ever been lucky enough to visit.  But that's not what I love about this painting.
The day I painted it, I was so excited, I tossed it in the back of the jeep and drove to the bestie's to show to her. I put it back in the car and before I could shut the door, her dog, Sarah jumped in...and ON the painting. I consider Sarah one of the greatest friends I've ever had. She was one of THOSE dogs. I could have conversations with her. She was amazing and kind and funny.



And she was a good and patient teacher to Mabel.

Sarah simply thought I had popped by to take her for a hike and while I was upset about the painting, I wasn't upset with Sarah. I did my best to fix it...but, I can still see paw prints in the clouds. And now, all these years later, that's what I look for...evidence of Sarah Jean...my friend. She's always there...in the clouds.

8 comments:

The Daily Pip said...

Oh, that's lovely! The painting is beautiful, but the paw prints make it even more special. What a wonderful vision to wake up to every day.

Your pal, Pip

Unknown said...

Beautiful paw prints and beautiful painting! Love it!

GOOSE said...

Well that is just BEAUTIFUL. I wish I could say more but for some reason my MOM is a little choked up about it.
Blessings,
Goose

Linda@VS said...

Wow, Holly, that's gorgeous! I can't even imagine how good it must feel to paint something that beautiful.

Millie and Walter said...

I love the painting and the story behind it.

Cindy

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Whatis that saying about leaving your mark behind you??? That is a beautiful painting and we have to agree it is even more special with Sarah's special touches:)

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Ruby said...

Oh, I LOVES that story!!! It is the sweetest story I've heard in a while. Isn't funny how every one and every animal leaves their print on us in some way ~ some more tangable than others.
Kisses,
Ruby

Snowbrush said...

You see her; I see mud, but it's a wonderful painting nonetheless. I'm astounded because I didn't know you did such things.