Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May Photos - New

When I hike near Dirty Creek this time of year... I feel like I'm Gulliver! There are so many baby frogs, I can see the grass moving!

Do you see him?

 

 Here, let me help:
As I walk along, they hop, frightened by my presence. I'm constantly afraid I'm going to step on one.  Everywhere I look, there is movement! I don't know where they are going or why they are 25 - 50 yards from the water... seems like a vast distance for such a small creature!

How small are they? I dared pick one up just for you, dear readers. Please forgive my filthy fingernails but I had just come from a Mulberry feast!

So sorry it's out of focus... but you get the idea. I'm not picking up another... I love you guys, but not THAT much!

I counted 35 of these little fellows in a 20 yard walk... and those were just the ones I could see!

++++++++++++
I wrote this post and scheduled it over two weeks ago...but as I write this part, it is Memorial Day(night). We spent most of the day doing chores and waiting for my computer guy show and repair my dead-for-three-weeks laptop. Naturally, he showed around 4 and wasn't done until nearly 8... too late for a proper hike.

But there was a smidgeon of daylight left so we dashed to Dirty Creek...where these photos  were taken. OH the NOISE! Quite the cacophony! I'm now certain all these guys head to the water in the evening to create a symphony together! 

7 comments:

GOOSE said...

They are so tiny. I would be afraid of stepping on them.
Blessings,
Goose

Unknown said...

They are so cute! I don't get any frogs in my yard but a few toads visit us on and off.

rottrover said...

We hope you don't get warts from picking him up!!

-Ruby

Millie and Walter said...

Those are tiny frogs. We always have them in our lawn and I'm have to swerve while mowing or slam on the brakes to wait for them to move out of my way.

Cindy

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We find those little ones in our yard a lot and wonder the same thing - not much water near us.

Mom says you are very brave to pick one of those up - we have to ask, did you kiss him? BOL

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Ruby said...

Oh, they're soooo cute!! Ya know I've never seen a real life frogs?! Ma says that's probally a good things cause she thinks I would probally try and eats it....
Kisses,
Ruby

Linda@VS said...

Too cute! How many of them did you kiss, Holly?