Sunday, June 01, 2014

Haunted Tree? Special Auction

I have been having major computer issues this week. My monitor on my big beastie has been hit an miss and I can't access Mabel's photos to continue with my celebration of her life. New computer monitor + the other huge expenses I've had this month + 3 months of unemployment = Holly in dire straights. If it's not one thing, it's my mother...

Anyway, I thought I would share the last video I shot of the girl, just a few days before she passed. This is a scene I saw frequently in the creek...some shrub moving violently. I would cautiously round a bend to find Mabel enthralled in some chase, oblivious to her own tail!





--------------------
And just as I was getting this post ready, I noticed that Mollie and Alfie are hosting a special auction to help me out. I'm speechless at their kind gesture! What little money I've made teaching won't begin to cover the cost of Mabel's surgery. I'll be adding some jewelry to the auction too. But if you have anything to donate, get in touch with Mollie and Alfie's mom via their blog.

10 comments:

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Such a cute video of Miss M!
Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

Anonymous said...

I am so sad to learn of your precious Mabel's passing. I lost my walking partners now 20 years ago, I had 3 Sibes, and I have never walked like I did then since. Oh I still walk, but it's not the same. I have kitties which I love beyond words. I learned about Mabel from Stella. She has helped me in the past with a foster cat who racked up about $2500 on my credit card. I will share this auction on my blog, FB and I will schedule some tweets. I hope this helps get you some relief from the vet costs. Be well, Linda and Savannah

Millie and Walter said...

Hope you get your computer/monitor issues fixed soon. I'm enjoying the Mabel Lou retrospective.

I will be sure to contact Mollie & Alfie's mom to donate some items to the auction.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Keep the memories flowing :-) xx gorgeous dog and one not to be forgotten. Will tweet and Facebook about Auction and have a look myself :-) xxx

Anonymous said...

Keep the memories flowing :-) xx gorgeous dog and one not to be forgotten. Will tweet and Facebook about Auction and have a look myself :-) xxx

Fozziemum said...

So sorry to hear that you have lost your precious Mable Lou..we learned from Mollies blog today...we will be finding some way to help and can only hope your hear mends soon..for that can only be done in time Hugs Fozziemum

Mollie said...

Just loved the video, and everyone is being so generous with donating. Thinking of you as always xxxxxxxxx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

We did knot noe ewe Mabel, but wanted ta come by N say we R troo lee sorree...God's speed two ewe; sincerest sympathies two yur mom
♥♥

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

We hope the auction helps with all your bills!

rottrover said...

LOVE! the video - so Mabel Lou :-)