Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Lot of Help from My Friends!

Wow... you just never know when you touch someone's life... how having a silly dog blog about the antics of one very bossy rottenweiler might impact someone else! Who knew what Mabel Lou would bring into my life?? Aside from the real life Creekerati friends, she's brought all of you! I'm feeling very loved to today!

I was very touched when Mollie and Alfie's mom suggested hosting an auction to help me pay off Mabel's final vet bill...but couldn't really figure out how it may manifest itself...but boy has it EVER! Bloggers from all over have donated and the auction is running NOW

And Walter and Millie's mom did the LOVELIEST write up in addition to donating to the auction! (I should have her write for my fan page!)


Wine Stopper in my trunk show

I haven't even mentioned it here but, the venue where I was selling jewelry in person burned down 3 days after Mabel Lou passed!

It's been such a rough month... This was one of Mabel's favorite places to go with her pal Ruby! They had the best bacon and I would get an order and share most of it with the dogs.  It just all feels like SO much loss... in the past few months, we've lost three from our extended hiking pack, Mabel, the bakery and our buddy Hank has cancer and is not eating.

But I have to come out of my grief and deal with my bills! And, thanks to my friends, I've been on fire! Realizing I would not need my jewelry stash for about a year, I got it all out and created a trunk show on Facebook!



I've got several shopping categories: bracelets / bracelet beads, necklaces, earrings, bar ware, beads and orphan beads and weirdos!
I'm told that even if you are not on Facebook, you can still view the auction. Feel free to bid by email or if that's not up your alley, I do have a website with about 100 items.




Just be sure to read the MAIN post on the auction page for navigation tips. Very helpful if you aren't sure about maneuvering Facebook.


In addition, if you are on Facebook, I'm giving away prizes!!! There is a $40 gift cert drawing. for sharing the main post about the auctions. And, that's not all!!! I'm having a $50 gift cert drawing for first prize and earrings for 2nd place for everyone who likes, comments or shares any item from the auction! Likes get one entry, comments get two and shares get three. (Guess what I'm spending Saturday counting???)




 ***BEADS*** are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/290028454505397/permalink/290258861149023/

***NECKLACES*** are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/290028454505397/permalink/290266157814960/

***EARRINGS*** are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/290028454505397/permalink/290281161146793/

***BRACELETS***are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/290028454505397/permalink/290285367813039/


***ORPHAN BEADS AND WEIRDOS*** are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/290028454505397/permalink/290289374479305/

***GIFTS*** are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/290028454505397/permalink/290494811125428/


 Thank you all for looking!

So I'm clearly not in this alone. and I'm feeling very blessed. I can't thank everyone enough for the their help and support!!

9 comments:

Millie and Walter said...

Thanks for the compliment on my writing ability. Who would have thought that someone trained as an engineer could actually be good at creative writing? ;-)

I hope your sales do well. I know if I win one of those gift certificates I might just buy that gorgeous fish necklace and put it on display in my house. I will have to find a glass bust to put it on.

That picture of "your" restaurant is so sad. Did you have jewelry inside when it burned?

Good luck,

Cindy

Ruby said...

I checked everythings out, and they are lovely!!! the heart necklace is gone, butts Ma will keep lookin'!
Goin' to check out the auction now!
Oh, so sorry abouts your store front! Oh man. And the BACON!! Well, at least it probably smelled good...
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Cindy, No, no jewelry inside. WE all would set up and tear down on Artisan days. I so miss the patio with all the pups waiting for a bite of croissant or bacon! And you are a fabulous writer!

Ruby, I'm happy to attempt a remake...

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

We are so glad that everyone is coming to help you in Mabel's memory.

rottrover said...

Just put in a bid :-)

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Awww... thank you all!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Meez just wanted tu paw ovew and say meez so vewy sowwy 'bout Mabel Lou. Meez be purrayin' fuw yous.

Luv ya'

Dezi

The Daily Pip said...

I'm off to check out your trunk sale as I have several birthdays coming up …

The auction is wonderful and I hope will raise lots of funds to help you through this painful time!

Pat Wahler said...

Your jewelry is beautiful. I hope the auction is a resounding success!

Pat
Critter Alley