Friday, April 13, 2007

Singin' Happy Birthday

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by CREEKHIKER, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit CREEKHIKER to enjoy this content LEGALLY.

If you want to know why this message is at the top of every post, read this post.
*****************

My sister and brother-in-law called my 9-year-old second cousin for his birthday. Since he could barely talk, he has always sang the Happy Birthday song with a quick "cha-cha-cha" after the words "to you." So my sister and BIL did the same - - only to be told, "You didn't do it right. There is no cha-cha-cha at the end."

They apologized for getting the words mixed up. My cousin tried to console them.

"That's OK, it's a hard song to learn."

Then he asked, "Is Creekhiker or Big Aunt (his name for my mother, his Great Aunt) there at your house."

They told him Creekhiker is at her house in California and Big Aunt is at her house, down the street.

"Did you want to talk to them for your birthday?" they asked.

"No, I just need to know somethin' real important and they're smart."

[OK... just had to include that... what about my poor sister and BIL? Are they dummies??? Kids are just too cute!]

******************************

My 75-year-old "aunt" (Mom's best friend) in Jackson, MS phoned an "elderly" man she bowls with to sing him happy birthday. She started belting out her tune as soon as he answered the phone.

When she finished, the old man said,"Why thank ya hon' but it ain't my birthday."

My aunt realized she had dialed the wrong number, got all embarrassed and apologized for disturbing the man.

"It's OK hon'. You need the practice."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are cute stories! I love the things kids say - but that wrong number did a great job, too! lol

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Yes, both made me giggle!