Monday, April 16, 2007

Mark My Words...

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by CREEKHIKER, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit CREEKHIKER to enjoy this content LEGALLY.

If you want to know why this message is at the top of every post, read this post.
*****************

First, I would like to offer my deepest sympathy to the students, teachers and parents of Virginia Tech. This is a tremendous tragedy for the school and a sad day for our nation.

That being said, I still believe in the right to bear arms. But in the next few days, the National Rifle Association will make me and many other ashamed of that belief. Seems contradictory, yes?

Mark my words, within the week, the NRA will hold a rally and that rally will be within miles of the Virginia Tech campus. And it will be an utterly tasteless and completely uncalled for, but they will do it anyway.

And for a moment, I will start to agree with the other side because my heart is so full of grief for the dead and the hurting and this rally will seem like a slap in the faces of those who are in so much pain.

I just wish that for once they would wait just a while and let people heal before they start shoving their agenda down the throats of those who have already lost so much.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Creekwalker,

I think that weapon used today was an automatic or semi-automatic and I have to say that there's really no good use, outside of war, for allowing them to be owned. People just don't stand much of a chance when they're hit with one.

Thanks for coming by my blog today.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Annie, I COMPLETELY agree on the automatic weapons. I just think the NRA opposes the restriction of ANY weapon which is why they will have that rally ASAP.

Regardless of where people stand on the issue of bearing arms, I just wish the NRA would have the common human decency to stand down for a few weeks and allow people to heal before pushing their agenda.

Annie said...

I came back to say I spent my adolescence in a friend's pink Chrysler and had fun, fun, fun too.

Anonymous said...

Holly, I think you couldn't be more right. The whole situation is so terribly sad.

Linda@VS said...

Holly, you said, "I just think the NRA opposes the restriction of ANY weapon." That, in a nutshell, is my problem with them. When one person's right to bear arms ends other peoples' right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, something has to change. Too, too sad.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Velvet, That's exactly how I feel. I'm not opposed to bearing arms. It's just too dang easy to get automatic weapons and really, there is no use for those! Not unless you plan on hunting a lot of humans... and enough is ENOUGH!

I saw Rosie O'Donnell yesterday... who is WAY to liberal for me most days... but she was talking about the five year depression she had after Columbine and how she went to Washington with moms and lobbied. She had concluded fighting the NRA is an "impossible" task. How sad.