Friday, September 28, 2007

Driving in L.A.

Law Breakers

Two mornings a week, I have to journey "over the hill" to Santa Monica for my jewelry fabrication class. I sit on the 405 freeway parking lot for an hour and a half - sometimes more.

To entertain myself since I'm on the road well before my normal awake time, I drive in the "fast" lane, next to the car pool lane. I lean my head against my window and watch my side mirror to count the number of cars in violation of the 2 or more people rule. Usually about 10 during my 17 mile drive on this particular freeway.

Speed Demon
So I knew the drive was bad, but I didn't realize how bad until this week. Normally, if I have errands to run, I do them after class. Pacific Artglass had a huge sale and I needed glass for fusing. Or I needed to pick up crystals one day for my wire wrap class; it's easy enough to hit downtown on the way home. But yesterday, I had no errands to run. I came straight home. How long did the same journey take me in reverse at a non-rush hour time? 25 minutes door to door!

Wimpy, Wimpy, Wimpy

What is it I disdain so about a "man" who stands on the side of the freeway, watching another MAN change his tires? I see this often in L.A. and it amazes me every time. Where I come from, a real man would be embarrassed to call a tow truck for that!


**************************************

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by CREEKHIKER, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit CREEKHIKER to enjoy this content LEGALLY.

If you want to know why this message is at the bottom of every post, read this post.
*****************

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate traffic. I hate freeways, highways, whatever you call them. I've grown to hate driving, period. Too many people not following the rules, written or unwritten. It's rare that I go anywhere without wondering how at least two people managed to get their driver's licenses, or if they even have a license.

I give people the benefit of the doubt until I know otherwise. That man might have had a heart condition or some other disability.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Janet, I know all about people judging what may be a handicap. I get that all the time. But, I see this type of thing almost daily. I don't think guys out here know how to do anything to a car.

Anonymous said...

If the "helpless" guy is well-dressed, perhaps he doesn't want to get his hands dirty and is willing to pay $100 to anyone who is.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Janet, It's not even that they are well dressed... they ARE usually driving nice cars though. Which is where I think my negative judgment comes from.