Thursday, August 11, 2011

There He Goes Again

Bart is a pretty cool, laid back little dude. But he turns into a wild and crazy cracker dog exactly twice a day: when we park at the creek and just before I get back to the car to leave. Three un-neutered male dogs...who NEVER get walked, much less go for a good run live right beside the entrance to the hiking area.

And while Barticus would run and hide if he met them on the street, since they are confined and a good five feet above him, he unleashes all of his cracker dog energy.

Note: Mabel Lou pretty much ignores the dogs and Bart...unless she thinks I'm watching! My camera was sort of a dead giveaway. She's doing her level best to "snoopervise" Bart.

Some of these are a little blurry... I had my long lens hoping for ducks! But I just love the play of shadow and light in the early evening.










6 comments:

Unknown said...

Bart is such a teaser!!

Mabel looks like she's having so much fun snoopervising him!!!

rottrover said...

GREAT PHOTOS!! I love the shadows on the wall, AND Mabel "flying."

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Those pics are a hoot - love the shadows too. At least the pups get their exercise and seem to be having fun at the same time.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Snowbrush said...

I just loved these photos!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Zoooooom....LOL. Dory always tries to "supervise" Jacob when he plays along thew fence with the neighbor dog, but can never really keep up with him.


Smileys!
Dory, Jakey and Bilbo

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! In some of them Mabel looks just like Chloe..I had to do a double take just to make sure.

It is really sad about the 3 dogs that you are talking about cause they live RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the wash and they never leave their tiny little backyard. It's not even a backyard..it is a small dog run paved with cement. It's not like it would take that much effort to just let them loose in the wash and let them have some fun! The small one is a little to barkie for me but the husky seems so sweet. I think we need to break them out sometime!