Thursday, March 07, 2013

Happy Girl

It's kinda funny to me that I never really look at Mabel when I'm petting her. She is not one for long, admiring  stares. And honestly, the best photos I take of her are a fluke!

But tonight we were hiking in a rather undiscovered area of our creek. Mabel has galloped about in this particular draw, chasing coyotes but I feared it was too full of cacti and there are no proper trails. We only discovered it last night when we heard the voice of our pal, Chloe the dobie's dad. We wandered in looking for them and found... land mines galore! It seems this is Chloe's favorite new spot to dig (and dig and dig and dig!). Her dad said he was kinda embarrassed as there were so many holes. Naturally, Mabel had to help and we had to take Bart there tonight!

The pups were so cute digging! And the bestie snapped these shots of my joyful, happy girl. I just love the look on her face.

Mabel is proud of her "paw-di" work here:

Sigh... I love that mug!

7 comments:

Piappies World said...

Mabel Lou is really a very sweet girl and we always love to see happy smiling puppy - pure happiness!

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Max, Wai-Pai & Forgie

GOOSE said...

What's not to love?! She has one of the sweetest smiles, that just invites smiles to come her way.
Blessings,
Goose

Ruby said...

DIG gurl DIG!!! That is some great work there Mabel!!
And such a cute face!! {{{hugs}}}
Kisses,
Ruby

Millie and Walter said...

She sure looks happy. Could I come over and help you dig holes? I love to dig, but my dad doesn't appreciate my handy work in the back yard.

Millie

Unknown said...

What a happy girl! Look at her sweet smile, she is beautiful!

Linda@VS said...

She does look happy! Who knew digging was so much fun?

Kari in Alaska said...

What a smile!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com