Monday, January 18, 2010

Drama before Breakfast

We've been to the creek several times in the last 24 hours checking on the creek in between storms. But this morning's visit was most stressful thanks to my personal little drama queen.

We ran along the levee to take some pictures and decided to head over to see dirty creek. Mabel alerted and took off into the brush and immediately reappeared with a HUGE choya stuck on her nose.

She wouldn't let me near her to pull it out so there was nothing to do but race home. In the car, she was licking that cacti!!! She used her paws to try and pull it out and induced a sneezing fit, all to no avail.




Once home, I woke up the hiking buddy to come down and help. Every time we came near Mabel with the tweezers, she pulled away. I held her down with my palm over her eyes and HB pulled that thing out. We then realized she had gotten part of it in her foot and we had to work on that.

Afterward, she was quite the needy pup, not wanting to leave my side. Poor little drama queen got an aspirin with her breakfast and slept until 3!

5 comments:

rottrover said...

OOOOHHHHHhhh pooooor Mabel Lou! Last time Allie got them, she had to go to the vet and have her teeth cleanedland have 78 stickers removed -- some peircing her ear. Glad Mabel got her nap in. I'm sure she's much better =)

Snowbrush said...

You've got your dancing queens, and then you've got your drama queens, I guess, and now we know what yours is.

Linda@VS said...

Awwww, bless her heart. It's awful when a good time comes to such an abrupt end.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're okay, Mabel. Those cactus spines looked enormous!
Twink!

Anonymous said...

Ouch, that looked painful. Hope she feels better!