Saturday, January 10, 2009

Scared Puppy; Confused Canine

Wind gusts reaching 70 mph this afternoon had me cowering in the house like a scared puppy. It was so violent, all kinds of stuff blew across the yard and patio. But when my back porch awning started vibrating in the wind, I got in bed and put my head under the covers.

I ended up sleeping the afternoon away making the most productive activities yoga and a hike. We're in for another day of it tomorrow.

===========================================
Since I gave up having Mabel sleep in her own bed within a month of her arrival, she has naughty habit of "digging" my hands out from under the covers - usually at 2 a.m. - when she "needs" a pet. Even though I grouse a bit, once I'm awake, I'm AWAKE. So we have a good tussle and go back to sleep.

Imagine my surprise when I felt her paw my foot this morning around 3. I woke a little, thought I was dreaming and started drifting off again. And there it was again. I flexed my feet and she patted them again. I turned on the t.v. and stretched my hand toward her. I wish you could have seen how confused she was! She kept looking back and forth from my hand to my feet! Finally, she crawled up to the top of the bed for a pet...but I swear, she was embarrassed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how on earth could she mistake your foot for your hand? lol!

hope the wind dies down, that dos sound scary-I'd be in the basement cowering!

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I think she must've woke up and reached for whatever was closest in the dark... either that or she's not too bright!