Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Best Thing About Winter



Actually, the best part is when I lay by the fire with her, roasting marshmallows. Mabel moves even closer to the fire, watching...waiting patiently for her marshmallow.




**************************************

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by CREEKHIKER, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit CREEKHIKER to enjoy this content LEGALLY.


If you want to know why this message is at the bottom of every post, read this post.
*****************

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so cute! I can't imagine Spot laying that close to a fire, though-he'd rather lay in snow.

Does Mabel like her marshmallows burnt?

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Janet,

I don't like mine burnt so I naturally don't burn hers. She doesn't seem to mind if it's a little burnt though.

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't think Spot's ever had a marshmallow. I don't like them, except when they're roasted over a fire, and it's been a long, long time. I keep meaning to drag out the tiny little grill-I think I will make it a resolution to do that this spring/summer. Then after I cook hamburgers and potatoes I'll see if Spot will eat a marshmallow.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Janet, I don't know if I'd be tempted by a marshmallow if there was a hamburger around....

Linda@VS said...

Mabel looks so beautiful and contented in front of the fireplace. Makes me want to fix a cup of hot chocolate and watch the fire with her.

My dogs used to love the occasional mini-marshmallows, right out of the bag, no roasting involved. They were a pretty good training tool (though not good for the teeth).

Lynda Lehmann said...

Mabel has a gorgeous coat. Must be the marshmallows...lol.

I agree, the best part of winter is coming back in the house after being in the outdoors for awhile, and sitting with a cup of coffee or cocoa (or marshmallows) by an open fire.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Lynda, Welcome. My bro-in-law, the dog handler always comments on my dogs coats.

I firmly agree about the cocoa and fire!