Saturday, February 03, 2007

Disappointment - UPDATE

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by CREEKHIKER, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit CREEKHIKER to enjoy this content LEGALLY. If you want to know why this message is at the top of every post, read this post.

*****************
(UPDATED 12:57 PM Sunday 2/4/07) - Refund recieved... now she wants to sue...


Why am I such a believer in second chances?? And yet, so often I get hurt.

This time, I'm speaking of a well known bead maker... and I have no qualms about listing her name - it's Corina of Corinabeads.

Maybe it's because she has been so wonderful to me in the past. I own a phenomenal bead of hers called the Garden Prayer Bead. She had listed it on her site for 75 dollars and even though I was broke, I offered to buy it. I didn't tell her I was broke; I only inquired about the bead - the only one available form her offerings that particular day. She wrote back that she was really hoping to give it to someone who was willing to pay for it!


It was so stunning when it arrived, I, in return shipped her one of my favorite bowls.


She has always been quick to reply to emails and very helpful and encouraging. But last year, she suffered some kind of mental break. She is bi-polar as well.

I lived with a bi-polar girl from Baton Rouge in college. It was one of the most trying experiences of my life. I watched daily as my roommate struggled to be normal, fought with her own mind about taking her meds, and struggled with alcohol as well as her own inner demons. In the end, we had so much respect for one another but knew it was best not to live together any more.

Maybe it was this girl I was thinking of when Corina started listing specials for sale on her site again recently. I wanted to help her out and hey, I love her beads so I ponied up the $100 bucks she was asking for a set. (This was before I had my severe financial miscalculations late last month.) And now, it has been almost a month and still no beads.

Several phone calls later (both Skype and to her cell), we connected and she gave me a detailed story of how paypal only allows you to withdraw $500 a month with no bank account and how she's trying to live on that and she simply didn't have the postage to mail me the beads. She promised to put them in the mail the following day....two weeks ago.

Yet, she keeps listing more. And more and more people are buying. And while I simply cannot stand someone who would speak ill of the mentally challenged, I also would hate to see any more of beady friends get ripped off. So Buyer Beware.

In the end, it's me I'm mad at... I'm always such a sucker. The word must be stamped on my forehead.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad this happened to you...it would be nice if other buyers could be warned. Maybe you should post this on Lampwork Etc.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that Corina ripped you off ! I had hoped she had changed but some things never do.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Corina is still up to her usual bullshit. I hope she refunds your money or sends the beads. Good luck to you.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Thanks for your concern. I have escalated my claim with Paypal and if that doesn't work... well, that's why I ALWAYS use a credit card on Paypal.

It does amaze me that since I filed the claim a few days ago... she has updated her site every day.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, she ignores those paypal disputes!

I hate this happened to you and really hope this turns out in your favor.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I know she ignores things. That's exactly why I escalated my complaint after only two days.

History: Paid her 1/8/07. Emailed her repeatedly. Called her via Skype after almost two weeks. She phoned me from her cell on 1/22 and SWORE she would mail it the next day. 2/1 - filed PP claim. Today 2/3 - escalated it knowing she's updated her website several times in the last 48 hours. She's obviously ignoring it so why not escalate.

The sad part is I was really hoping she had turned her life around.

Anonymous said...

Isn't there a way she can be banned from receiving PayPal payments? Will your dispute help to do that?

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

The fact of the matter is, she moved and changed her email. The initial account set up doesn't verify more than that. But, you can be sure I will let paypal know EXACTLY who she is.

I'm really starting to get PISSED. I used to have an expression when I worked in the film industry and sometimes struggled with getting paid: "You can mess with me any way you want but, mess with my money and you've messed with the wrong damn thing!"

bluffroadglass said...

Holly, Mom told me about this post in your blog and all I could do was shake my head. I just wanted to say, please don't be mad at yourself, or let this destroy the giving part of you that believes in second chances and helping people out. You did a very nice thing; you just unfortunately did it for the wrong person.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Kim,

Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it. Holly

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

OK... Got my refund thanks to many people forwarding her the link...

NOW, she's theatening a lawsuit!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Holly, what a mess for you. Glad you got your money. I so dislike people trying to take advantage of others. She was probably hoping you'd just give up. Godd for you - that you didn't.

Sunflower Optimism said...

So sorry this happened to you, Holly. I have a brother, bi-polar, so know what you are dealing with in both cases. I think they live in an alternate reality.

Glad you got the money back and wish there was some way to warn others. I haven't been to her website in a long time, since she trashed Kim's efforts to help a fellow beader single mom who was in danger of losing her house.