Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Product Review - Mulligan Stew

Hello good pups and peeps of Blogville! Macy Blue here.



This month, we were asked to review Mulligan Stew Duck Recipe Canned Dog Food by the nice folks at Chewy.com. We tried the duck variety.


Both Momma and I were thrilled they sent us a whole case! Those folks at Chewy are so kind and generous with us!!

Momma thought the color was a little bright... Whatever that means. I however, thought it was amazeballs delicious!!!!

Here's the ingredients: Duck,Water sufficient for processing, Cabbage, Liver (Beef, Chicken or Turkey to match protein source), Brown Rice, Horseradish, L-Methionine, L-Cysteine, Beta-Carotene, Selenium Yeast


Momma always gives me a tiny forkful whilst we're waiting for the micro to wave at the water for my vittels. I couldn't get enough!


Finally! My water was waved and my kibbles were mixed in with the yummers Mulligan Stew and supper was ready! 'cuse me!!


Nom nom nom NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.......


This stuff is SO good!!!  Momma's gonna talk a bit  cause it's she says it's not polite to review with my mouth all full!

Creekhiker / Macy's Momma here: As finances are always a concern for me, I was thinking the $34.99 / 12 price tag is a bit steep for my budget. I zipped over the Evanger's page on Chewy.com and compared to the duck and sweet potato I usually keep in Macy's canned food mix. It's only $19.29 / 12.  However, I noticed it had way more ingredients but then they all seem to be vitamins and supplements.... so, I'm more confused than ever. 

As I do add better canned food to her mix (I rotate around 8 varieties into her food. It takes her four meals to eat a can, so she gets a change every 2 days.) when I am more financially flush. I would probably buy the Mulligan Stew as a treat from time to time. 

But let's get back and see what Macy Blue thought. To me, this photo says it all! 


That Mulligan Stew was souper!!! Bwhahahaha!!!

I give it four paws up and hefty tail wag too! Momma gives it one thumb up. Her other thumb is stuck in her wallet...





Hey Ma! You need to fix my bowl... It's empty!

Neither Creekhiker nor Macy Blue were compensated for this review. Mr Chewy sent one case of Mulligan Stew Duck Recipe Canned Dog Food for Macy Blue to devour... or not.

6 comments:

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Wow that's one clean bowl. Almost saved your mom from washing it out. Better do it anyhow, for a nice fresh bowl for your next meal.

KB said...

I have to agree. The shining clean bowl says it all!!!! Sadly, for us, this wouldn't be an option. R is one of the few dogs who truly is not able to eat grains (they cause him to get bladder stones!). But I'm glad that Macy Blue loves it.

easyweimaraner said...

what? no leftovers... no wonder, huh? I currently have my duck-phase, I can't get enough from Donald&co :o)
Easy Rider

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We always enjoy you and your Mama's reviews Macy! Looks like Mulligan's Stew is a winner for you!!

Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

rottrover said...

Macy, you and your momma always do the BESTEST reviews!!

-Bart, Ruby and Otto

Pat Wahler said...

Macy Blue's tongue tells the tale and her enjoyment of this yummy treat is obvious!

Pat
Critter Alley