Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Letter to My Dog




Dear Puppeh Blue....

I can never begin to fully express the joy you have brought back into my life!  I loved you from the moment I saw your sad eyes on the internet, the night before I met you.  I loved you even more when you reached out to me from your cell in doggie jail. And I loved you still more when you were so easy to train and showed such glee at our daily walks.

I know I've been a difficult momma for you. You clearly don't know what to make of me: I'm loud, I chase you, I throw myself on the floor and roll at your feet. I never punish you for being on the sofa I bought for doggie cuddles... that seems to blow your mind daily! But I'm learning... too much petting scares you. I try to get up and get away before you do but I'm old and my body hurts. I'm just not as fast as you. And I'm so sorry. I wish petting and loving and cuddling didn't scare you so.  I've heard some dogs can take years to figure that one out... And that's fine. I'm not going anywhere. And neither are you.

I know the concept of forever home is not something you get....having lived three years of your life somewhere before finding yourself in doggie jail. Then adopted and returned within three days several different times. Let me just tell you softly (cause loud will scare you) and clearly... those people were idiots!!! I've had a number of special and amazing dogs... I like to think I have a knack for finding special and amazing dogs... And without diminishing the love I feel for those girls, I can honestly say, you top the list!!! I've never met a sweeter, more agreeable, eager to please pup than you Macy Blue.

And I have complete faith that one day, I'm going to look into those sweet brown eyes of yours and they won't be blue any more!

Love you always, Your crazy, forEVER Mom



This is a blog hop hosted by Murphy and Stanley, mayors of Blogville.

15 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Macy Blue...I don't know you very well but after reading you letter I know all I need to know...you are loved for who you are by a very amazing mom, albeit crazy and loud...you should meet my mom. She puts stickers on my head that say weird things.

Take each day one step at a time. We all learn from kindness and example and you surely are surrounded by kindness
Hugs madi the cat..do you have an cat friends? if not then I'm your first

Murphy said...

What a wonderful letter to a doggie who doesn't quite know yet what it means to be loved so well! And what a wonderful lesson to learn! Sweet!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Such unconditional love!!!
Smiley Hugs!
Dory and Mama(and the Boyz)

Unknown said...

You made me cry! Give her (gentle) hugs from me!

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Teary - I hope with time she will love your hugs.

KB said...

You brought tears to my eyes. I could have written almost the same letter to Shyla at the beginning. But I can tell that you both have hearts of gold and this was a match made in heaven. I feel the love emanating from the words of that sweet heartfelt letter.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

That is the most beautiful letter... and words of love, that we have ever heard.
It takes time,,, and we are imagining it happening,,, because there is love. Never ending love.

love
tweedles

Idaho PugRanch said...

A beautiful letter for Macey. How wonderful for her that you gave her furever home
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

easyweimaraner said...

I think it was karma that you met Macy Blue after this hard and sad time. ... my tears are running while I remember... I'm glad you met each other and you are a fabulous team.
Easy Rider

rottrover said...

mom's eyes are leaking...I just wanna play with you!!

-Otto

Marty the Manx said...

Macy Blue, your Mom's letter is wonderful! Mazie says don't worry, it took her a long time, but she learned how great a Mom's love can be.
Marty

Taffy said...

Such a beautiful letter. Reading it reminds me how lucky I am that Taffy loves to be petted. She will not cuddle with me at all and I whine and complain about it all the time. Thank you for the reminder. Be patient with Macy and in time she will learn to let you show her affection. It is obvious that you love her with all your heart from your letter.

Snowbrush said...

I eagerly await the response. I've been dogsitting a blue heeler for three days. It sure brings back memories of Bonnie.

Pat Wahler said...

What a sweet letter. I wish all adopters of dogs/cats were as patient and loving as you!

Pat
Critter Alley

Wyatt said...

Macy Blue, you are a lucky and much loved dog. We love reading these pal letters!

Wyatt and Stanzie