Sunday, July 08, 2012

Louisiana in March

I've mentioned before how long it takes me to clean out my camera phone... Well, these azalea pics were taken in my mother's driveway in late March. That would be two trips ago!


That trip was such an emotional roller coaster. They had told us to go plan my sister's funeral. We did and, as if on cue, she woke up from that coma, sat up in bed and started talking nonstop!


For those of you unfamiliar with azaleas, they are really beautiful...for about five minutes! The flowers are thin and fragile and as soon as it rains, they are gone. The rest of the year, they are these large, gray-green, fuzzy bushes, living just for a fleeting bit of glory!



I think that when I took these, I was looking for a little beauty in a world so bleak and...the glass head inside me was wishing someone made glass in that color pink!

2 comments:

rottrover said...

We always had azaleas when I was growing up. I love them.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

They are such a pretty color - they would make amazing glass. We don't have much luck with azaleas here in Kansas, but they were beautiful back East.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning