Friday, November 18, 2011

Need Some Help from the Bakers

I found these at our magical thrift store... the one I've composed a half dozen posts about in my head but never actually posted here...sigh.

They are baking pans of some sort... I thought they would make pretty little tea cakes for the niece's wedding showers. I brought them home and washed them and started searching for recipes for.... what? It would help if i knew what the pans were actually called! I've googled "recipes for vertical cake pans" and different variations... but NO answer.

They come in a variety of shapes: stars, trees, playing cards (spades, clubs, diamonds and hearts):

And they come with lids for each end. If anyone knows what they are and where I can find recipes, I would be SO grateful!


Linda@VS said...

I can't help you, but these reminded me of a story. I once had a large glass tube designed for baking loaves of bread that could be cut into round slices. Lids would have been helpful, but there were none. I baked bread in the tube for the first time on a day when I was having guests for lunch. The bread came out the ends of the tube and puffed up, so that I had to slice off one end of the loaf to get it out of the tube. When I slid what was left out of the tube, I was holding a smooth shaft with a rounded knob on the end of it, and we all had a good laugh at what looked like a giant you-know-what.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Linda, THAT'S IT... it's a BREAD pan and I've been looking for PASTRY recipes!

Bread Tube Recipes!!!

Thank you so much... and thankgs for the giggle!

Maggie Mae said...

You can use dem fur cookie cutters too! :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Snowbrush said...

How about you add "baking" to your profile under interests, and then click on it to find blogs that belong to avid bakers, so you can ask them how the pans are used? My biggest curiosity is how the bread or pastry can expand, and how you would know when it's ready to take out. Please tell us if you learn anything.