Thursday, November 24, 2011

Duckpdate - Party for the Birds

This Duckpdate is brought to you because Sarge is hosting a Give Us the Bird posting contest this week.
The ducklings first swim in their new home

One summer evening, the dogs dashed into Dirty Creek and startled the ducks.. HUNDREDS OF DUCKS! Wha??? I started to count as they took flight and suddenly realized my efforts were futile.

As I got closer to the water and could see beyond the concrete barricades... My ducks were home! I counted...yes, they were all there. It appears, they were just having a party. And while some wayward dogs could easily startle newcomers, our little team stayed put. After all, it was getting dark...time for the party to end anyway!

Now that winter is here, the team in Dirty Creek has doubled...boy for girl! It seems they are pairing off, getting ready for spring. I just hope they forgot the way to my pool!


If you would like to join Sarge's contest, be sure to check out his blog!

5 comments:

Berts Blog said...

Those ducks look so happy.
We think it is great that they have their own pond to live in.

Happy Day
Bert

Unknown said...

Oh my, those ducks are looking good!!!

Glad that they have found their new home!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Word on the duck pond is that there is a fantastic pool just down the path a bit:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Maggie Mae and Max said...

I sure have LUVED all of your duck fotos dis past week!
Thanks fur sharin' all of dem wif us!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Kirsten (peacefuldog) said...

I absolutely love ducks. Wish my dogs didn't love them so much too--they are apparently very fun to chase :)