Sunday, April 06, 2008

Jilted

I feel like a scorned lover this week... you left me without so much as a goodbye.

Just the other day, your warm breath whispered in my ear promises of warm sunny days and flowers. You caressed my arm and made me so grateful for the cool waters in our creek. When you were here, laughter and joy filled my soul. The very thought of you made me so hopeful for the future.

But now, you've disappeared and I am cold and alone. As always, my dark thoughts fill my head with the certainty that you never cared for me and will never come back--no matter what common sense tells me. Are you somewhere else, sharing your warmth and beauty with another? I am certain of it!

Oh Spring...you are a fickle lover indeed.



**************************************

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by CREEKHIKER, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit CREEKHIKER to enjoy this content LEGALLY.

If you want to know why this message is at the bottom of every post, read this post.

3 comments:

Becky said...

At least you don't have to worry about yellow dust. It's horrible and the worst hasn't hit yet. Dang China!

Anonymous said...

Really? It's warm here! Maybe Spring abandoned you for me!

I see you've been redecorating!

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Becky, We have our share of yellow dust...our hills are covered with it.

Janet, So you're the one! I went from shorts and sleeping with my windows open to multiple layers, central heat and a fire blazing in the fireplace!

Re: Redecorating. I just wish freaking Blogger had a purple template... Is that too much to ask that MY blog be in my favorite color. I've picked their templates apart time and again and cannot make them look right.

Last night on Velvet's blog, I accidentally clicked "Next blog" and someone had a cool template and I ended up with this.

Still not sure I like it!