Monday, February 01, 2016

The Results Are In!

The results from Macy Blue's DNA test are in...and she's pure mutt!


She is 3/8 pittie, 1/4 Labradork, 1/8 GSD, 1/8 Chow, and...1/8 mutt. I can say I'm not surprised by the results and a tiny bit disappointed she doesn't have drop of rott in her. I've spied the shepherd in her when we hike...she will do the classic pose. The night before we got her results, she let out an unusually long yawn...and I noticed way back in her mouth about 1/8th of her tongue is black, a Chow trait. While she is goofy, she was afraid of water and had no interest in balls, typical lab traits. But lately, she dives right in the water, has no concern of her head getting wet. I got out a ball. It took her a few minutes but soon enough, she was catching it! Hmmm.



I do find it interesting that the mutt mix is from the sporting breeds...more lab maybe? And from the sight hounds...ie a greyhound maybe...I can see traits that reminded me of Mabel.




And we'll, pitties...I know nothing about owning one. Macy's personality is only now starting to come out...she's been so human shy. Just this week she's started walking up to me and demanding affection. Hmmm, maybe she's been taking Rottweiler lessons on the sly?


As for our contest, the winner is Haley and Zaphod. They guessed the closest with rottie shepherd lab! 



6 comments:

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Wow...it's amazing how much DNA can do now a days!! We think Macy is definitely 100% adorable!!
Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

rottrover said...

I wasn't supposed to tell, but Otto has been giving Macy rottie lessons. The water is such a great shift, and the ball - brilliant on your part. Macy Blue seems happier to us every day!!

Otto and mom

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Well, whatever she is, she is lovely. We thought lab for sure, and yes we can see the GSD too. But pittie - just don't see it there.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Millie and Walter said...

That is an interesting mix for Macy. All in all it doesn't matter what she is mixed with because now she is turning into a love bug.

KB said...

I really expected some Rottie! But, the main thing is how glad I am that she's learning love!

Pat Wahler said...

No matter the mix, she's a special girl.

Pat
Critter Alley