The reasons I'm not blogging:
- Some of my commenters are SO prolific! When I take a few days off and I go to your blogs, I'm overwhelmed. I want to be polite and comment on the blogs that are written by the folks that comment here, but some of you blog every day. And some of you are long winded...adding to my sense of being behind.
- My Iphone screwed up my pictures. For some reason, it started renumbering photos shortly after I got Macy and places new ones in random spots in the folder. So I have to scroll through tons of Mabel pictures to get to Macy ones and then Macy's pics are scattered randomly here and there. It's all very confusing! And I should just take Mabel's pics out of my phone. But I'm not ready for that it's too soon I just can't won't... But it makes looking for pics of the little black dog really hard. sigh....
- I've been making A LOT of beads! I had the stupid idea that with school starting last week, I would have a paying job. With sales on Facebook being good, I had the urge to build up my inventory for when I was working. It's been a week and... when do teachers EVER miss the first week of school? Month of school??? So I'm still making beads as it's my only source of income and the coffers are getting low without sub work!
- Training Macy is time consuming - I would really like to get her a Canine Good Citizen and we work on something every single day. And go to class once a week. She has rattlesnake training next weekend. I'm so afraid for her...she's so tender hearted. But her interest in reptilian things tells me it must be done!
- It's been a terribly sad year for our pack - This year has SUCKED dog - wise / pack - wise! I was talking with my hiking buddy the other night and tallying up the dogs we've lost this year and well, it feels like everyone we know has lost someone! From our immediate pack: Mabel, her buddy Hank and now our friend Chloe has bone cancer. Extended pack: Twinkie, her sister Linguini and two more goldens we sometimes hiked with: Millie and Max. That's a lot of dogs and a lot of loss. I feel like I've been beat up and the licks keep on coming.
- No hikes = unexciting non-adventures - I'm not really going to the creek. Macy is only in the beginning stages of being off leash ready and between her lack of rattlesnake training, no water in the creek and, well, our pack is never there...it's lonely out there! Funny, but I used to go there because I saw no one. Now, I hate to go there and see no one! And neighborhood walkies, while good for training, are pretty boring. I could tell you about my Alzheimer's neighbor who asks me the same questions every time I see her, or the lesbian dog walking team...but you probably have the same in your neighborhood.