Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New Jewelry for Mabel Lou

I guess it's no wonder I love / make beads and jewelry. I've always referred to my dogs' collars as jewelry. "Come put your jewelry on!"

It's astounding to me that both Millie and Maggie - my two girls who were in rescue for a long time - both could not stand for me to take their jewelry off for any reason. When I took them off to wash, Maggie would hang out under the clothesline keeping watch on her valuables. I think both girls associated that collar with "home."
Mabel Lou feels a bit naked without hers too. I've been on the hunt for a new collar for her for over a year. But when one of our trail buds commented on how ratty Mabel's collar looked and I found myself with a few bucks in my paypal account, I made a serious effort to find one online - having given up on finding the right shade of mauve in PetSmart.

I found one from dirtydawgz on Etsy. It was hard to choose. I sorta wanted one with flames but decided that was my passion, not Mabel Lou's! In the end, I got a pink collar covered with brown ribbon and girly flowers. Mabel Lou is modeling it in these pics. Below, she's showing off her early Christmas pressie - a new soft fluffy bed.

I know! I know! Yes, we already have NINE dog beds in this house of one dog but I'm planning to toss the old ratty one. You will note that Mabel Lou is stretched out from the new softy bed to the old softy bed!




9 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We would all be happy to go naked, but the Momster seems to think collars are necessary. So we appease her and wear them. We could all use some new ones too.

Nice bed. We don't love our new ones, we really liked the old ratty ones.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Linda@VS said...

Mabel looks like she's comfortable on the beautiful new bed. If only it smelled as good as the old one (sigh).

Unknown said...

Oh girls, I wonder whether it is the same as 'diamonds are a woman's best friends'?

Mabel Lou looks good in her new jewelry! Nice bed! I think I still prefer my old one!

rottrover said...

Poor Mabel. So mistreated...hello? Animal Cops?? I want to report a dog who has ONLY 10 dog beds. What's on her Christmas list?

Duly Inspired said...

I don't keep a collar on Cheyenne in the house, so when I pull her collar out of the bowl in the livingroom, she goes nuts with a dance and circling because she knows she's going somewhere. Through the years, she has collected many "necklaces." I change them out seasonally, or depending on the activity (swimming). She only has five dog beds though. ;-)

Levi said...

Oh Mabel looks so pretty! Does she have a boyfuriend?

the booker man said...

miss mabel lou,

you look pretty in your new necklace! the pink looks nice against your furs. :)
JACKPOT on your new bed, too! heehee.

*woof*
the booker man

Dexter said...

A proper dog house has a bed conveniently located at every spot one might even consider reclining.

Slobbers,
Mango

Anonymous said...

Love Mabel's new collar! And her bed looks fit for a queen.