Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Peacocks on Video!

I was heading to drop off the BFF and Bart after our morning hike yesterday when I noticed a peacock male yearling stealing tomatoes. The BFF has a lovely video camera that unlike mine...does not make an annoying clicking sound!

Here's the little thief in action.


We were about to head on up the mountain when I noticed the mom with four chicks and and the childless peahen out for a stroll as well. Since Velvet admitted she had never seen babies before, I've been trying to catch this group on video. They are much larger than my last set of pictures.



5 comments:

rottrover said...

SO CUTE!!

the booker man said...

HAI THAR CUTE PEACOCKS! :)
*woof*
the booker man

pee s -- mama is trying to make up her mind about what to get! i suggested the doggie stamp, of course. teehee. she says thankies for the email explaining how your website works.

Dexter said...

That is just plain crazy! What kind of wild place do you live anyway? I never saw such a thing. Turkeys, yes, but tomato attacking peacocks? Yikes!

Slobbers,
Mango

Anonymous said...

Isn't that tomato plant close to the sidewalk? anyone could walk by and swipe some. Smart bird!

Those are babies?? at least that's what I thought till I saw the full grown one. I wonder if they chase people like ducks do?

Linda@VS said...

Aww, they're so cute! Love the way a little noise sent the last little one scurrying over to mom. Also got a kick out of the way the tomato thief kept looking over his shoulder.

Thanks, Holly.