Thursday, February 26, 2009

Who's the Trainer Here?


I find it odd and interesting that Mabel comes running from any area in the house, shop or yard when she hears me adding ice to a cup. Why? Her treats are on top of the fridge. She runs into the kitchen and stares longingly at the top of the fridge, even willingly offering me kisses. (She's usually stingy with those!)

I simply can't resist those eyes (or lips) and she always gets a cookie.

Do you think it's appropriate to add to all those resumes I keep sending out just how easy it is to train me?

6 comments:

Linda@VS said...

Not only is it appropriate, maybe you could ask Mabel to write you a letter of reference. I've seen her occasional posts on here, so I bet she could do it. If she does, will you post it for us?

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Velvet, I don't know that Mabel would give me such a "good" recommendation... I've been a stay at home dog mommy her whole life and I'm sure she is not enthused about the prospects of me working elsewhere!

Anonymous said...

Spot has Mabel beat! All Spot has to do is go stand in front of a door and I'll open it. (well, almost always.) And, like you, I cannot resist a wet-eyed plea for a cookie. That's why I'm always in trouble with my vet.

Duly Inspired said...

Cheyenne does the same thing. Once I pull out a plate or a glass, or open the fridge, she comes running. Like you, I look at her face and she gets what she's after. Easily trainable is a good trait!

Becky said...

I can't resist her! I love hearing these stories!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Hearing any story about dogs just melts my heart.

I love dogs so much!

I think you are a great Doggy Mommy.

Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Cheers,

Dorothy

P.S. Give those pups a nuzzle and a bum scratch for me. LOL