Sunday, November 19, 2006

Mudflaps needed



Miss Mabel was extraordinarily excited after finding a ball in the creek today and this is what my legs looked like after we returned home! On days like this, I certainly think I need mudflaps or some kind protection.

Mabel ran and jumped and frolicked - she's alway very happy at the creek but today, she was quite something. We ran into our friends Hank & Sue, Rhodesian Ridgeback siblings and their friend Sascha, a German Shepherd. The four of them had a grand time. Then they left (with their moms) and Mabel and I had our favorite creek breakfast: a chocolate croisant and a hazelnut latte from Coffee Stop. I dunk the chocolate in my coffee and Mabel gets the bready outside. She LOVES those buttery layers of bread... in fact, it's the ONLY bread she eats! Then, she found the ball.

Maybe my silly girl was excited because her granny is flying in from Baton Rouge today. I'm am certain she "knows." I'm equally as certain we are going to have a huge argument when I leave for the airport to go get her. Mabel likes being the greeting committee. But I don't like taking her to LAX. I'll let you know who wins...

In the meantime, I need to hit the shower. I guess they do make mudflaps for legs...they call them pants.

3 comments:

Linda@VS said...

Sounds like you had fun getting "down and dirty" with Miss Mabel, Holly. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your mom.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Velvet, thanks for the sweet wishes. My 83 year old mom is here to help me with my HUGE stamp order. She got off the plane and went to work! (After loving and feeding Mabel).

Oh, I LOST the argument. Mabel was in the car to greet her granny.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your Mabel and Janet's Spot should get together for a playday! Hope you, your mom and Mabel have a great week together. Carmon