Sunday, August 23, 2020

Maizy True

This is the re-homing photo of Maizy. I chose another dog. I couldn't imagine loving such a "scruffy" dog! I wrote paragraphs about my lifestyle, feeding habits, trips to the beach and dog park and the owner of that dog simply replied, "No."   No explanation; just no. And I kept returning to Maizy. I wrote her pawrents on March 6 and heard nothing. I kept thinking I didn't deserve a dog. They called on March 8th. I was running laps with my boys at school and my aide answered my phone. Spying the mean principal on the yard, he ducked into a bush and told the caller all about me and just how lucky their dog would be with me! When the coast was clear, he came running, holding out my phone. "It's the DOG!!"

She wanted me to come that night. I had a root canal at 3:30! As the dentist was drilling and drilling, all I could think about was that puppy! The dentist took so long! It was after 6. I called...it was still a 75 minute drive. They said come! We met at a church; their church. Maizy leapt out of the car and into my arms!  She was hyper / crazy / insane. I was thinking it was lack of exercise but the people at the church knew her. "Do you want her?" "YES!" 

I followed them home and fed her supper. They showed me how she was trained to potty behind the bushes. I put her in the car and she jumped out and took off down the street. The neighbors all knew her and helped me catch her.  She was nervous...but she didn't seem scared. 

She got on the bed but she didn't sleep the first night. The next day, we hit the park and breakfast at Mabel's favorite spot. She jumped on the sofa next to me and looked around and smiled.  She hasn't stopped smiling. 


She reminds me of the Mabel Lou so much! Only she lets me rub her belly and she does not argue! But so smart and so fast! She's had an argument with one of the skunks that come in the yard 3 times... and never been sprayed! Mind you, that skunk has attempted to spray ME for simply walking nearby!


We've had several vet visits, including the first one above. Maizy had DEEP ears and gets infections. I can tell when it's coming on and can often avoid a vet trip with a good cleaning. But she is TERRIFIED of the vet's office. Not the vet though. 


Maizy has a wicked good sense of humor and loves game play. She is honestly the happiest dog I've ever known! 


She's a hunter! I found evidence of her playing with her prey on my bedroom floor, my bed and in the yard! She's brought me a mouse she killed in the yard! And she's gotten a few critters at the creek....but she leaves the ground squirrels alone. We really need to discuss that.


She is also the only dog I've ever had that pays attention to the tv! She barks at any and every dog on television and many other animals! It's exhausting. The other day I really wanted to watch The One and Only Ivan and to my surprise, she simply watched it. NO barking! 


She loves the creek. She explores but doesn't disappear on me. She did take off after three coyotes when I got her. I dashed into the creek right after her and she managed to get back across the creek without me seeing her. I found myself knee-deep in the river, slipping on mossy rocks with her looking at me like I'm nuts! She's has not run off since. 


This is her "I'm so patient waiting furEVER for momma to get ready" pose. 


Like all my dogs, she LOVES coffee!  She's not always patient when waiting for the dregs of my cup. 


When we are hiking in the wilds, she is most often found walking right next to me. Not in front; never behind. It's annoying when the trail is narrow. But I do love that she stays so close. As with Macy Blue, "Find a good mom!" will bring her right to me! 


She was a little terrified of the river until her pals showed her what to do. Now, she just adores the water. I really love how this just runs through the generations of our hiking pack. I still remember when we met baby Aria, the rott. Mabel Lou just looked after her and showed her how to dip in the water. Aria taught Macy and Maizy. And Maizy was trying to teach Aria's little sister Roux the other day! 


She's SUPER  fast. During the Pandemic, we do a long walk each morning. Some days we go to a little park near the house and I let her off leash on the tiny patch of green grass. She runs zoomies while I stretch. 


Maizy True loves the ocean. This was her second visit. She was a little put off by the creek that "moves at you!" But she adored it before the trip was over. 

 

She has lots of her friends but this girl is her absolute bestie. Bella is half Chihuahua and half German shepherd! They will play NON-stop if we don't give them a time out! Maizy actually sprained her tail from wagging it too much when Bella came over! Poor Bella has gone home limping from their antics!  They make each other SO happy, so we try to get them together a few times a week. 

She is so joyful, I feel so very blessed to have her! 

Maizy True Stats
DoB: 12/26/2018
Gotcha Day: 3/08/2019
DNA: 64% Golden Retriever / 12% Husky / 12% Poodle / 12% Berger Blanc Suisse
Best trick: holding her paws "just so" to put on her sports bra
Best unwanted trick: Closing the middle console in the jeep so she can work her way into the front seat.
Edibles: Anything mom is eating... except fruit and medicine "treats"
Toys: Loves anything she can tear up! 

7 comments:

Millie and Walter said...

Thanks for giving us a look at Maizy True's background with you. She sure looks like a happy girl and we can tell that you are happy with her too.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

maizy True sure is one happy girl!!! Thanks for telling us more about her.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Tried to send you an email, but not sure we have a current address.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Thanks! I need to tweak some more things here apparently. I pretty much shut down the stamp biz...no time! I sent you an email.

easyweimaraner said...

she is the one... and your pup... and she is wonderful

Creekhiker / Holly's Folly said...

Oh Easy!!! It's so nice to hear from you!!! Sorry I've been SO MIA! Teaching is HARD!

Ruby said...

OMD!! HEEEEEEY MAIZY TRUE!!! Welcome to Blogville my furiend! OMD, another Black and Tan!!! WooooHoooo!!!!! I am so glads you found a pawsome Moms ~ they are hard to find ya knows! I am gonna loves seein' all your adventures, and I can't waits to see more zoomie pics!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Snowbrush said...

What a delight she is--I wish I could meet her.