Friday, July 31, 2015

Product Review: Evangers Super Premium Beef Dinner Canned Dog Food

Hello Good People and Pups of Blogville! Macy Blue here, back for another Chewy.com review. This month, I got to review Evanger's Super Premium Beef Dinner Canned Dog Food. Before we get started, Momma says we have to dis-clothes. Since I don't have any clothes, I'm not sure why Momma needs to be nekkid for this... but we'll wait Momma.


What's that Momma?? Oh. Apawrently, dis-clothes means I have to tell you something and Momma gets to keep her clothes on. Whew! (That's a close one. I've seen her chunky dunk in the pool and believe me, the birds should be grateful she does it at night!).

OK...the Dis-Clothes part: Evanger's is my and my mom's mostest favorite brand!!! I love it. My angel sisters Mabel Lou and Maggie May loved it too! Momma discovered it ages and ages ago and she was very impressed with their limited ingredients...they were doing that before it was cool. She was also greatly impressed with their prices! All that being said, I (nor any of my angel siblings) have ever tasted the Super Premium Beef Dinner! Probably because it's a few bucks more for a 12 pack than some of the other varieties... So, this is still a totally honest review!

First off, I have to show you another fine example of Momma's photography skills:



Can you believe what I have to put up with???

Now for the taste test. Here it comes!


Closer... (Momma is such a tease with that fork!)


And TOUCHDOWN!!!

Yummers! I love it!! Just l@@k at that cute pink tongue of happiness!


O.K...Momma's gonna do her part now... and don't fret! She IS wearing clothes! Take it away Momma:

Creekhiker here. Sorry for the scary part about the disclosure but, I felt it only fair to tell you this was our regular brand...but not variety.  Macy is fed a rotating variety of Evanger's canned foods with her kibble. Some of our regular faves are Beef and Bacon, Beef with Chicken, Beef with Chicken and Liver, Chicken and Rice and... Mabel Lou's all time favorite (seriously, she came running when the can was opened!) Duck and Sweet Potato! 

Evangner's doesn't advertise a lot and only recently upgraded the graphics on their cans. I was told by my local pet supply that the advertising and can design was how they kept their prices reasonable.  But between great prices and great ingredients... they are a win win in my book.  

The Super Premium Beef Dinner contains: 
Beef, Water Sufficient for Processing, Liver, Spinach, Kale, Cinnamon, Guar Gum, Minerals (Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Selenium Yeast, Manganese Proteinate), Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacinamide, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement)

As of this writing, a 12 pack case is 20.99 making it 2.29 more per case than the varieties we usually buy...but the same price as the duck we love! So, this will get added to Macy's rotation for sure! 

Oh My Dog! Did you here that?? Miss Crowbar in the Pocketbook is gonna add this to my mix!!!! YAY!!! How pawsome is that??


I'm giving Evanger's Super Premium Beef Dinner Canned Dog Food four paws up and Momma gives it two thumbs up too!!! Com'on Momma lets get over to Chewy.com and add this to our Autoship...you'll save 5% and won't need to struggle so hard with that crowbar!





5 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Ha Ha - very entertaining post:) We are just finishing our 12 pack of the Evanger's chicken with spinach and kale from Chewy's review program. We do love the product. Mom doesn't give us much canned stuff but a little dab here and there is quite tasty.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

rottrover said...

Macy, why don't you just invite us over for dinner?!?!?

-Ruby and Otto

Ruby said...

Yummers!!! Sounds like your Moms and My Moms have the same chunky dunk!!! BOL!!! (yeah, no one wants to see Ma's huge arse...I heard a tree rat laugh one time..shhhh, don't tell her, she's sensitive...)
Anyhu, I'm glads you trained your Moms to hand feed you with a fork ~ this is good news! This is the way all doggies should be fed..just sayin'
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

easyweimaraner said...

oh the tongue of happiness told me the nekked truth even when all moms wear clothes now lol... this food must be delicious... can your mom hold the next fork a little closer to the screen please... a little bit more to the right... aaaah bullseye... the fork found my mouth... pawsome!
easy rider

Millie and Walter said...

We don't get any canned food with our dinner. You sure are lucky.