Thursday, June 25, 2015

Traveling Dog

Hello Good People and Pups of Blogville! Macy Blue here, fresh from my vacay in Loosiana! I had a great time.

I wasn't so sure about flying....lotsa people around.

But Momma kept telling me I was OK and I believed her...but I think she slipped me some "funny cheese" to help me chill out! Momma said she really didn't like the accommodations on Delta - that the bulkheads were way too small compared to the other airlines she's traveled...but this was my first pair of flights. It was pretty tight!

But I loved being at my Granny's even if "someone" didn't walk me for the whole 10 days we were there!  But I got lotsa exercise. My Granny's yard is hooooge!!! And she's got lotsa lizards!


We went there cause my Mom hasn't made a trip in two years... she lost my angel sis Mabel Lou last spring and I had so many issues, Momma was uncertain about traveling with me. But Gran needed lotsa help around her big yard and house so we had to go. Momma stayed so busy! She trimmed the trees for three days! Hauled limbs to the street, chopped firewood, cleaned gutters, picked veggies, showed Gran how to use the weedwhacker. During the "heat of the day"... that's a joke but I think Mom means the middle of the day, she worked in the house. Cleaning, redoing Granny's clocks, fixing the stove, fixing the phones, etc. Momma just stayed busy busy!

But as for the heat of the day... it was always hot! Momma kept complaining of something called "flop sweat" and was always wiping her face with a towel.  She was changing clothes twice a day!  It was  hot even at night! This is me drinking some of my Granny's captured Loosiana rainwater:

Momma didn't like me doing that but...my water bowl was a whole 'nother 10 feet away! Geez!  And don't I look hotified here:


The main reason I was so hot was I invented a new sport or lizard hunting technique called Hosta Diving. See that row of green plants??? Those are my Granny's hostas.

Momma said I reminded her of those snow foxes that know there is a rat deep under the snow and they leap in the air and dive under the snow. Only I knew there was a lizard in the hostas... so I would leap up and dive in and disappear! Momma and Granny laughed at my efforts until they saw the bounty of my hunts!

Even though we rarely left my Granny's no wifi zone... and Mom was too popped to walk me, we got to the dog park once... I made a friend and my Granny even came with...she's watching me from the shade back there... Every dog in the place loved my Granny! They all came up to her for pets. I got a little jealous at this one chichi that kept sitting in her lap...not that I want to sit in her lap or anything!

Momma did take me to meet my cousin Bailey who lives 10 houses from Granny. Seriously in the midday Loosiana heat, that was enough of a walk. We drove there a few times it was so hot. But I LOVED my cousin...he's so cool!!!  He let me play with his toys and we both try to "out pee" one another in the yard.


But the best part, was my Granny. She had spoiled me a bit here at Christmas but she spoiled me even more at her house. She was amazed that, now, I let her pet me! I've learned to trust the humans my Momma likes a bit! I even stayed alone with my Granny when my Mom had to run to the store and I didn't complain at all!

I really enjoyed my vacay but Momma says she hurts all over. She's moving mighty slow since we got back!

10 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

How wonderful of your Mom to be such a help to her Mom. Now she needs to take you and her on another REAL vacay where you can both relax:)

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

How wonderful of your Mom to be such a help to her Mom. Now she needs to take you and her on another REAL vacay where you can both relax:)

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Millie and Walter said...

Except for the heat that looked like a super fun vacay for you. How lucky that you got to ride in the plane and not in cargo.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I think this is my most favorite Macy Blue post ever! Licks and love from Ofus and Ming!! <3

rottrover said...

We're SO glad you're home, MB!! Things just aren't the same without you!!

-Ruby and Otto

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a great trip, We have never flied in an airplane before!!
Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

easyweimaraner said...

wow you are an air-dog now... and what adventures you had... fun with other doggies and even a comPEEtition... bet the loosiana rainwater helped to to win, right
easy rider

KB said...

Your mom is wonderful, helping her mom like that! And it sounds like you had a great time too!!! Way to go!

Pat Wahler said...

It's wonderful that you and your mom were able to visit Granny. I can tell you both were a big help to her!

Pat
Critter Alley

Snowbrush said...

Oh, gosh, I hope you took along some heartworm pills, or maybe you're on them anyway in Southern Cal. Here in Oregon, they're still optional.

You mean you go to fly inside the passenger compartment? Wow, that's great. I thought big dogs had to go below, at least that's how it used to be.