Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Something Silly

Between my 20 day gig teaching emotionally challenged boys, a lawsuit on my rental property and taxes.... I feel like I have to remind myself to take a breath! There is no time for anything extra lately... like beadmaking.


But I thought I would share my favorite recent bead. It's not perfect and that wasn't the point. I've always wanted to make myself a rottweiler. But I really had no idea where to begin. A few months back I signed up for a workshop on critter beads with Judy Carlson. I wanted to take the class to be able to sculpt some of the more requested beads for the kids in the Beads of Courage Program... it's a charity that allows kids facing life challenging illness to be able to tell the story of their medical journey in beads.

At the end of class, Judy pushed me to try a rott and I did! It was one of the hardest beads I've made because black glass and mahogany glass both look identical in the flame!!! But I did it and I love him!!!

I have no plans or desires to be a dog bead artist...there are plenty of good ones out there...but this one is perfect for me!!

10 comments:

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Love the bead, it is excellent! Hope life calms down for you.

Ruby said...

Oh, that is just FABulous!!!! You are brilliant! I suppose the Airedales would be just as hard, since we're the same colors! BOL I'm givin' you a high five!
I sure hopes that your silver lining gets bigger than your cloud real soon!!
In the mean time...I'm sendin' you lots of AireZens!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

It sure looks magnificent to us- very nice work!!!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What great work!!!

easyweimaraner said...

It's a super Rottweiler, BRAVO! and I bet it's a talisman that all things go well for you :o)
easy rider

rottrover said...

It looks like ME givin' Macy the raspberry!!

-Otto

Millie and Walter said...

That is excellent! We think it turned out great.

KB said...

That's GREAT! I love it.

Snowbrush said...

You're impressed me!

Pat Wahler said...

So adorable, and no mistaking that face for anything but a Rottie!

Pat
Critter Alley