Sunday, April 21, 2013

Conversations with 90 - Boston Edition

I have some rather hilarious conversations with a certain 90-year-old I love. You have to imagine a really thick Southern accent and her talking REALLY LOUD, as if I wrote her part in all caps. I won't, but let's say I did....

Her:  Whirur dey from?

Me: Chechnya

Her: I don't know whir dat is...

Me: Near Russia

Her: Ya know dat cerazy feller dat mailed the poison to dat Miss'sippi senator an' Ohbama (rhymes with Alabama)? Dey a'rested him, sounds crazy as a loon...dey said on the tee vee dat dose boys er from Georgia ya reckon dey all did it together?

Me: They're not from that Georgia. They mean the Georgia near Russia.

Her: I can't make out their name in the writin on the tee vee do ya know what it is?

Me: It's Russian...hard to spell.

Her: What's it start with?

Me: T

Her:.... den what?

Me: S

Her: .... AND?

Me: A???

Her: ... what else????

Me: It's Russian, I can't spell it when I'm not looking at it!!!

Her:  Well whirur dey from?

Me: Chechnya

Her: I don't know whir dat is...

Me: Near Russia

Her: You said dat bu I still don know whir  that is...but dose boys mus be gone crazy or sumpin.

2 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Sounds like a comedy routine. But in many ways it is probably better that she is confused - she doesn't need to have to deal with all that tragedy. We are all so glad to see it coming to an end (hopefully).

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Oh, she knows exactly what's going on...she's just a little fuzzy on some of the details!