Thursday, January 16, 2014

Only In L.A.

Los Angeles can be such weird place to live sometimes. From amazing quiet beauty to loud, proud and downright strange. It's often a study of dichotomy.

I awoke to fire in a beloved place this morning. Not really a surprise with the winds we've been having. But, there's some tug at my heart; a deep sadness when some place I love burns.

This is a new place to me. I only saw it for the first time during Christmas. It's a favorite fishing hole of an old college buddy and we spent an afternoon exploring there less than a month ago. And today, it's on fire.


And you just have to love our local yokel news station. The news casters spend a lot of time talking about nothing and they are certainly less polished than their major network affiliate counterparts.  But in the end, they tell more local news than any other station here. So they are THE choice for morning news. I would leave the channel on all day if it didn't devolve into the endless bleeps and shouting from crap tv like Maury and his baby daddy seeking ilk.

On a day like today, with "major breaking news" they broadcast the fire news all day. That is...until it was time for the red carpet walk at the Critic's Choice Awards (what the heck is that?). Then the major breaking news was all about "Who are you wearing?" and "What does it mean to be nominated?"

Only in La La Land.

6 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Stupid peeps. We have been following the news all day here too because Glendora is home to our human brother and family. Thankfully they are all doing just fine, but what a scary day!

Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning


Millie and Walter said...

Those fires are all very scary. Stay safe.

Cindy

GOOSE said...

Sometimes I have to shake my head at peeps. I hope that fire gets out soon and the beauty of this spot returns along with you enjoying it.
Blessings,
Goose

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I was so angry to learn that people actually caused this fire! Hope all is safe where you are.

Unknown said...

The La La Land is the only state that I've visited and I love this place :)

Hope there's no more fire now!

Ruby said...

I hopes you guys are safe, and that the fire will at least bring some new life once we gets some RAIN!!!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥